Monday, November 21, 2011

Thought-provoking questions and answers

I stumbled upon on a website on StumbleUpon (pun intended).  It's called 25 Beautifully Illustrated Thought-Provocative Questions. Check it out here. I am feeling kinda in a dep mood, so I wanna try to answer all or most of the questions.

1. How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?
I would probably be 21 years old. Seems like a good age where you are not too young and not too old. At 21 I was still in my college life living it. Everything was planned out for me already, I just study and stuff. Life was just simple when I didn't have to deal with looking for apartments and full-time jobs. Also, at 21 you are legal everywhere in the world.

2. If you had the opportunity to get a message across to a large group of people, what would your message be? 
Just chill, yo! Seems like people these days get easily stressed. Well, no wonder why! Bills to pay, taking care of loved ones, school is stressful, work is stressful, some relationships don't work,.... It's like people are going 1000 miles per hour, always rushing and multi-tasking. For a normal adult these days, there is so much to worry about. If I could just tell people to chill, relax and not to fret over the little things in life and stop to smell the flowers. Life is much happier if one appreciates what one has at the moment. Having the go-go feeling just makes the person so stressed, hence angry, mad and mean. People usually take their anger on other people. Just not fair for other people cuz they have done nothing. Spend some time saying hi to neighbours, enjoy a nice walk out, spend a few minutes doing something silly.....and life is much much MUCH easier that way.

3. Is it possible to lie without saying a word?
Entirely possible. Nodding. Shaking head. Eyes looking away.

4. If not now, when then?
Not sure what this question refers to, but my answer to that question is: soon.

5. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
I would dress however I want and what feels comfortable on me. Maybe wear sweatpants all day long no matter where I go. I would also use stuff with cartoons on them. I would also sing out loud in public. Additionally, I would say things as true as they are. I would tell somebody straight to their face that I don't like them.

6. Are you holding onto something that you need to let go off? 
Yes, my youthood. I am overwhelmed accepting the fact that I am an adult now and that I need to find a job asap and start earning money for my future. Also, personal things I don't feel like sharing online.

7. Have you done anything lately worth remembering?
Yes, trying to make my boyfriend's birthday memorable to make him happy and let him know how much he means to me.

8. When is it time to stop calculating Risks and Rewards, and just do what you know is right? 
I actually did that recently. Been hovering about something that I felt that wasn't right for me. Spent too much time calculating what happens if I id that, what happens if I don't, what am I gonna get out of it, etc. I finally decided to let it go, because I felt it was the right thing to do. My sister told me today that some things are not meant to be, and there will be signs when something is not meant to be. And that when you let that go, things get much easier, that's when you realize you have made a good decision. You just gotta listen to what your heart and conscience is telling you. Trust your insticts.

9. Do you think crying is sign of weakness or strenght? 
I think crying can be both weakness AND strenght. Most of the times we cry because we are vulnerable to something, most likely something that touches our hearts. Like the feeling of being loved, thinking about a deceased loved one, feeling defeated, feeling lost.... But it can also be strenght because nowadays crying seems to be, well, sign of weakness, and most people will hold not to cry, especially in public. But it takes courage and strenght to something that we feel and not because society has labelled crying as weakness.

10.  Would you break the law to save a loved one?
Tricky question. If you have morals, you wouldn't do anything unlawful. But then again, if you have morals, you do what you gotta do to save or defend someone you love like family or significant other. I guess it depends on the situation. My mind is split on this one.

11. When you're her age (picture of a very old woman), what would matter to you the most? 
 Having a family that loves you and cares for you. There is nothing that compares to the feeling of family getting together and spending time with each other. I woul love to have a husband by then with me by my side who will still love me like when he fell in love with me for the first time. Children who are married and have children. My grandchildren wanting to see me and spend time cooking with me. Celebrating Christmas together, etc.

12. Do you ask enough questions, or do you settle for what you know?
I usually settle for what I know, or hope to figure out things on my own.  Unless I need some crucial information, I need to ask until I am satisfied with the response.

13. Do you celebrate the things you do have?
I celebrate when I newly own something, like a new DVD, or new box of chocolates, or things I recently buy. But maybe I should celebrate things I have had.


14. When it's all said and done, will you have more said than done? 
Hmmm I'm not sure about this question. Maybe yes to more said than done, because it's easier to say things than actually do it you know. It's easy to say like, I am going skydiving tomorrow. That's being said. But to be tomorrow and actually do it, it's likely if you have the drive or have the plans to do it, but it's most likely that you won't skydive the next day after you said you were going to. There's a lot to be said than to be done.


15. When was the last time you tried something new?
Maybe today, when I tried a new perfume from Sephora. 


16. Which activities makes you lose track of time? 
Whenever or whatever I am doing when I am with Jacob. Times passes by so quickly, next thing I know, he has to leave to go home. Also, when I go to Chapters or Indigo I feel like I can spend hours and hours and hours reading or taking look at books. There are just so many things in that bookstore! I may add as well, spending time on StumbleUpon website =_= makes me go to bed super late


17. If you could do it all over again, what would you change?
Well, I will be using going to university as "it". If I could do university all over again, I would do many things differently. First, I should have taken a program that will train me more to get jobs. I would have gone to college and take like Creative Advertising at Seneca or Graphic Design, something that will help me learn the tools when it comes to doing and finding a job. I would have also befriend many teachers because they can give me guidance and recommendations when I am off school. I would also try not to be so stupid and make careless mistakes like I did when I started uni. I would as well, be myself instead of giving "an image" to everybody so people would label me a certain way. it's so much better to be just me.

18. What is the difference between living and existing?
Existing is just being alive, taking physical space in this planet. Living, is like doing things that make you happy, or just doing things, either good or bad, so you have the experience of something. Existing is like laying on bed all day and eating when meal time comes. Exisiting is: meeting new friends, going scuba diving, traveling to places, fall from learning how to skateboard, trying new types of wine, doing something stupid you regretted later, getting together with friends and family and laugh, etc etc.  

19. If you had a friend who spoke to you in the same way that you sometimes speak to yourself, how long will you allow that person to be your friend?
They say sometimes that you are your worst enemy. But I think that you are your best friend. Think about it. nobody understands things the way you do. So imagine if you ha a friend who think the same way as you do, then you will never have to disagree with yourself. however, problem comes when both of you are wrong and one of you fail to see things differently. Sometimes you just need someone to give you a different point of view, or a different opinion, even maybe suggest something different that makes more sense or make things easier for you. But if I had someone that speaks the same way as I speak to myself, then I could consider that person a very close friend. Soulmate maybe.

20. If you had to teach something, what would you teach?
I would like to teach people how to be optimistic and happy. Looks like people need to learn that today. It is so frustrating when people are being pessimistic about everything, when they are always downers and when you are with them seems like the world is gonna end soon. I would like to teach that kind of people how to appreciate the little things in life, be satisfied to what we have, that problems are gonna be solved in one way or another, and that there is no point of being pessimistic about things. Life is wonderful and everything happens for a reason.

21. Time or money?
Hmmm, another tricky question. I think both will bring joy to people. With time, people can achieve more, or spend more with friends and family. With money you can buy things that make you happy. My mom always told me that time is gold. It is true in the way that every minute that you waste you are not getting it back. Time goes by quickly, and before you know it, you are already 80 years old. We must learn to save time because it allows us to do more. However, with money, you won't be stressed about being broke, can't afford life, which are very very sad and horrible feelings. It's kinda ironic how when you don't have money, you have so much time in your life. When you have a lot of money, most likely you don't have the time for yourself or for your loved ones. Time is precious, but money is security. I'm going with money today.

22. Are you aware that someone has it worse than you?
I am completely aware of that. Almost everyday I think about how greateful I am that I am alive, have a family, have some money, healthy, have a roof to live under, have food, have two legs, two seeing eyes, functional lugs, etc etc. I can just imagine about other people who are way less fortunate than I am. That is why I appreciate the little things more and I don't complain about much. I know I am very lucky to have what I have got. So thankful.


23. What makes you smile?
Funny things, the thought of someone that loves me and cares about me, when things go my way, when people are being super nice to me, penguins, dessserts, good surprises, finding something that I have forgotten about or that I have been searching for long, cute songs, when the day is sunny. Among other things. 


24. What would you regret not fully doing, being, or having in your life?
I would regret not fully putting my efforts to find a job, not being myself, and not having friends and family.




No comments:

Post a Comment